Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First quilt

My first quilt top and back are finished and ready to quilt. I am so excited that I can't see straight. It was such a simple quilt that I almost feel bad about bragging. I bought the charm packs of Tula Pink's Hushabye and arranged and then sewed. The back has a strip of blocks in the middle and two coordinating fabrics on either end. I plan to quilt with straight lines on either side of all seams.
I had left over charms so I assembled some of them in a disappearing 9 patch block. I think I will have enough for six of these blocks and then planning on improvising around them to get the another quilt.
I want to thank all the wonderful quilters out there who blog, quilt dad, red pepper quilts, cluck cluck sew, to name a few. They have given me the courage and confidence to begin. Also they
have all written such great tutorials that even beginners can quilt. Thank you for all the time you have put into your blogs, you will never know how much inspiration they have given strangers.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love hushabye and the quilting will be great on it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out! You're so very welcome for what I do on my blog ... it's a labor of love, and I started out just like you -- inspired by a few blogs like crazymomquilts and tallgrass prairie studio! And congrats on finishing your first few quilts ... they look amazing, and you're already a seasoned pro!

    ReplyDelete