Monday, February 1, 2010

Yippee-ki-aye

Grandson Kolby's cowboy quilt is done. It was a lesson in patience and listening to your inner voice. That voice said "YOU should quilt from the center out." But did I listen? No, I quilted from the outside in because it was easier at first and guess what ended up with a big old mush of wrinkled mess in the middle. Lesson learned after 6-8 hours of ripping out quilting.
Start with the middle and quilt out and all is well in the world. Now if I can just quilt in a straight line. I am very happy with the piecing on this quilt but the quilting still leaves some to be desired. Oh well, practice makes better. I love the fabric and the back of this quilt. Piecing his name was a lot of fun, like putting together a puzzle. On to the next one, sunflowers I think in a double friendship block...

No comments:

Post a Comment