Monday, January 18, 2010

BBQ Quilt

First finished quilt of 2010. Boring, Brown Quilt for Trey. Brown is his favorite color and the only color he wanted in his quilt. It was certainly a challenge for me to quilt shades of only one color. But by the end, I liked the quilt, it has a nice weight and feel to it. The pattern was a split rail with solid brown strips on the ends because I ran out of fabric. All the fabric was given to me, most of it from my mother-in-law, Trey's Mimi, and some from my bff. I like that aspect of the quilt, that it is from people that I love. I quilted each block and then did very small quilting on the ends. All done by machine.The next quilt of 2010, grandson Kolby's, has been giving me fits all because of my own mistakes. But it is at the binding stage and soon to be another learning lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment