Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giant Granny Square (forgot to post)

The fact that this blanket has not been blogged about does not mean that I don't absolutely, completely, and totally love it. It was so much fun to crochet and gave me great pleasure. I is laying on a king size bed for size reference. I had the hardest time stopping this project, I loved the weight of it on my lap and it just grew and grew.
Inspired by attic 24 and all her crochety goodness, I just had to pick up the hook again. I had not crocheted since home ec class in the 70's, but I quickly remembered the basics. How about this for weird, my home ec teacher is now my mother in law. I love her dearly but sometimes she chides me gently for not remembering something she taught me.
Oh well, back to the blanket. I definitely see more hooking in my future. And this blanket makes me very happy every time I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment