Monday, November 2, 2009

Pretty in Pink


This is my third quilt and I am so pleased with it. It is bigger than the first two so I feel a better baby quilt. This is for our granddaughter, Emerson Rose, to be born in December. Her bedding is black and white.
I used log cabin blocks with the flower in the center hand quilted. The rest of the quilt was quilted in the ditches except for a swirly stitch in the outside border.
The back is pieced in strips from leftovers.
I love everything about quilting but especially the ability to play with colors in a faster method than knitting. I am all about instant gratification or at least quicker gratification.
The fourth quilt is going to be twin size for our teenager son and he has picked out all browns (boring) but I will persevere with the monotonous colors to please him.
Thanks again to all the quilters who post on flicker with their amazing quilts. You give me inspiration and brighten my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment