Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sew, I canz

My bff and I were upstairs in my house the other day and I stated that I needed new curtains. I just couldn't stand these curtains dragging the floor anymore. Dogs, dust and all sorts of icky stuff getting on them all the time. She states, matter of factly, don't buy new ones, just make those shorter. How, says I? Well, sew them, of course. But I can't sew! Pshaw, says she. Later on, I tell my mother-in-law, who taught me to sew in high school, that maybe I could fix those curtains. So she sends me home with
her prized sewing machine. After much angst and agony, here you go, my new curtains. And who knows, I might have liked it . I'm not sure quite yet, it was sort of like childbirth maybe th e pain won't be so fresh in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment